Visual Studio Code is hot stuff right now and is quickly becoming the editor of choice for developers worldwide. It’s available for Macs, Windows and Linux and best of all it’s free. These are what I consider the essential Visual Studio Code extensions for PHP developers to improve your productivity.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
Introducing a simple Sublime Text package that generates Sublime project files for a directory.
An article on using Amazon’s AWS service for processing videos I recently put together for Evoluted’s Think Tank website.
A PHP question I particularly like to ask candidates at a job interview is to explain a bit of code that includes the
$$ syntax for variable variables. It’s great if the candidate is already familiar with this feature of PHP; but what’s more important to me is that once the candidate understands how this syntax works that they can describe potential issues with using it.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- RT @evolutednm: Do you need to develop an e-commerce integration with PayPal? Senior Developer at Evoluted, Andy Carter, has put together a… 10 August 2018
- I've written a little piece about using PayPal's REST API in PHP for @evolutednm's blog evoluted.net/thinktank/web-… #paypal #php #webdev 9 August 2018
- RT @cakephp: Are you keeping up with what has been happening with CakePHP 4 planning? Check out the CakePHP 4 roadmap #CakePHP #oss #php #p… 8 August 2018
- RT @evolutednm: Deployment tools are great for reducing errors when you're using manual deployments. Here Stewart Doxey, Developer of 9 yea… 4 August 2018
- RT @LeoHickman: In January 2007, the BBC aired a special programme presented by Sir David Attenborough called "Climate Change - Britain Und… 3 August 2018