A look at automating NPM and Composer when checking out new branches and pulling from a remote Git repository using Git hooks.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
A tutorial on getting started with PayPal’s REST API using PHP and MySQL I wrote recently for Evoluted’s Think Tank.
Visual Studio Code is hot stuff right now and is quickly becoming the editor of choice for developers worldwide. It’s available for Macs, Windows and Linux and best of all it’s free. These are what I consider the essential Visual Studio Code extensions for PHP developers to improve your productivity.
Introducing a simple Sublime Text package that generates Sublime project files for a directory.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- Enjoying a day by the sea. pic.twitter.com/Pn7a3ute4G 18 September 2018
- Good things come to those that wait ☘️ pic.twitter.com/qaMhjdoKtH 17 September 2018
- Good start to the day, bacon and maple syrup crêpe. pic.twitter.com/tPaXI4D6Ia 17 September 2018
- RT @FrontEndSheff: 📣 We’re excited to announce FES:Round 6! Join us on the 27th September at Sheffield Tech Parks. 👉🏻🎟 Grab your free tic… 13 September 2018
- "The Cascade and Other Essential Unessentials" timkadlec.com/remembers/2018… #css #webdev 11 September 2018