If you need to connect to SFTP using PHP then the simplest approach I’ve found is to use phpseclib, a library of functions for secure communications.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
I’ve recently noticed a number of people trying to use CakePHP 2’s
updateAll() method very badly.
Let’s first get one thing straight:
updateAll() is not the intended way of updating a record in CakePHP, use
save() for that!
Sass maps have been around for a little over a year now and are an incredibly useful feature of the CSS preprocessor.
If you’re already using them then you’ll already know how handy they are; if not, then hopefully this little post will give you a good start.
The last couple of days I’ve been developing a little app that imports Twitter feeds and saves tweets to a MySQL database; however, I quickly hit an issue where certain tweets would not save. MySQL was returning the error message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value’. Looking at the specific tweets causing the database to throw the error I noticed that they contained emoticons.
The latest version of arc_meta for Textpattern is out now. This latest release of the plugin features a new admin interface for managing section meta data so that it can be exposed to more admin users and a couple of new tags.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- RT @BeardedGenius: Daily Mail HQ: "A Muslim girl won GBBO" "Find some dirt" "There is none" "No terrorist links?" "None" "FIND ONE" http:/… 12 October 2015
- RT @RachelSeale: Added @gulpjs to an old uni project - goo.gl/EolNqJ - following this great guide by @drmonkeyninja - http://t.co… 5 October 2015
- RT @philsturgeon: Fuck this awful API advice jakeyesbeck.com/2015/09/20/rai… Use status codes, but compliment them with error messages. Don't just 4… 23 September 2015
- RT @BBCSheffield: Lots of people have got in touch about this cheeky sign on Sheffield Parkway this morning! Do you know Paul or Lisa?! htt… 23 September 2015
- RT @streetartsheff: The new @OisoiFood restaurant/market in the city centre sounds interesting thestar.co.uk/news/wok-a-new… #Sheffield #sheffield… 21 September 2015