Neat approach to intelligently handling CSS z-indexes using a CSS preprocessor. The suggestion of using a Sass map is particularly good.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
Generating a downloadable CSV file in CakePHP seems to be a bit of a stumbling block for many relatively new to using Cake. It doesn’t need to be challenging. There’s just a few basic steps you need to put in place.
As an example we’ll consider a Subscriber model that contains contact details of people who have subscribed to our app. We want to create a CSV export of all the subscribers data.
A simple little PHP method for returning only the entries within an array that have array keys in a whitelist.
Facebook have released a new programming language based on PHP called Hack. Basically it appears to work much like PHP, but with static typing.
Today we’re releasing Hack, a programming language we developed for HHVM that interoperates seamlessly with PHP. Hack reconciles the fast development cycle of PHP with the discipline provided by static typing, while adding many features commonly found in other modern programming languages.
Looks interesting. Although I’m not all that keen on the name.
Sass 3.3 was released the other day and came with loads of new features. This is a good look at the main ones including map data structures and source maps.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- RT @hollybrocks: CANNOT UNSEE: the Brazil 2014 logo has been criticised for "looking like a facepalm" pic.twitter.com/9BjXegCyew 23 April 2014
- RT @hakimel: A Chrome extension for selecting text inside of images. Works surprisingly well. projectnaptha.com 23 April 2014
- CAPTCHAs have gotten even more pointless as computers can now read them with greater accuracy than humans theverge.com/2014/4/16/5621… 17 April 2014
- RT @ryancarson: Here's why we have 3-day weekends, every week, at @treehouse inc.com/adam-vaccaro/t… by @adamtvaccaro 17 April 2014
- Ever struggle remembering the CSS vocabulary for describing parts of a stylesheet? This could be useful: pumpula.net/p/apps/css-voc… #css 17 April 2014