A look at using PHP traits with Laravel’s Eloquent models, hooking them up with events and making them configurable.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
I’ve released the latest version of my Social Share plugin for CakePHP today.
Last week I found myself needing to quickly seed a column in a database with incremental datetime values. This is not something I’d ever needed to do before in MySQL, but the solution I found was beautifully simple. So I am going to share here how I did this and show you how you can easily populate a column for existing records with an incremental value.
This is a brief introduction to Unit Testing with PHPUnit and is based on a lightening talk I gave at Sheffield PHP on the 18th January 2018. We’ll take a look at what unit testing and PHPUnit are, why we would use them and finally look at how we can start writing tests.
How I solved issues with Laravel Mix’s image optimisation.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- It was great to get the opportunity to speak at @leedsphp last night and had some interesting conversations afterwa… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 February 2018
- RT @leedsphp: Another successful meetup last night. Thanks to our speakers @drmonkeyninja & @michaelpeacock, our ace sponsors @InfinityWork… 22 February 2018
- On my way to Leeds to talk about unit testing at @leedsphp. 21 February 2018
- Installing Adobe Flash Player, it feels so wrong! 21 February 2018
- Just posted: Using Laravel's Bootable Eloquent Traits andy-carter.com/blog/using-lar… #laravel #php 20 February 2018