A quick look at how to set multiple rulers in Sublime Text 3 to help keep code readable using differing line widths to indicate soft and hard line length limits.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
Whilst working on a site I’ve been developing using a Laravel Homestead Vagrant box I discovered that the box’s clock had drifted out of sync with my laptop by about 10 minutes. Normally this wouldn’t be much of an issue for me, but in my case I was trying to authenticate via an API using OAuth and that time difference was causing the authentication to fail. The solution to my authentication issue was to reset Homestead’s clock to the correct time, but obviously over time this would likely go out of sync again.
The other night I downloaded a fresh install of Laravel 5.4 using Homestead as my development server and quickly hit upon issues running Mix, Laravel’s Webpack API.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- This looks useful, CSS Support Guide for Email Clients campaignmonitor.com/css/ #webdev #emails #css 19 September 2017
- RT @streetartsheff: Fantastic new street art of Captain Caveman by @fivefivedesignz in #Sheffield. streetartsheffield.com/gallery/captai… #streetart #shef… 18 September 2017
- 'PHP 7.2 is due in November. What's new?' blog.martinhujer.cz/php-7-2-is-due… #php 14 September 2017
- RT @stidges: Nice hidden @laravelphp Eloquent feature: you can specify the columns to eager load directly in the 'with' call! https://t.co/… 14 September 2017
- RT @sublimehq: Sublime Text 3.0 is out! - sublimetext.com/blog/articles/… 13 September 2017