Sass 3.3 was released the other day and came with loads of new features. This is a good look at the main ones including map data structures and source maps.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
When using CakePHP’s (v2.x) saveAll method on a model you may have found that the afterSave callback for the model isn’t being called after everything has saved. Instead it is called just after the primary model is saved and before saving the associated model data. This can be a bit of a problem if you want to play around with the data from the associated models being saved in the saveAll. The way to get around this is to extend the saveAll method and create a new callback, afterSaveAll.
A couple of new Textpattern plugins are ready for release today: the new arc_vimeo (for embedding Vimeo videos) and the all new version 2.0.2 of arc_youtube (for embedding Youtube videos). Both have been designed to play nicely with each other using new conditional tags.
Reading that the UK government spends around £200M on Microsoft Office sounds like a massive waste at a time where they are scaling back budgets across the board. Moving towards open-source equivalents would be great. I can see that there are costs involved in using/switching to a free option like LibreOffice/OpenOffice like training and installation, but surely the savings would be huge. Somehow I can’t see this actually happening in reality, but it has reminded me of a post I made a few years ago on Open-source and the Public Sector – supporting the Bigger Society.
The inclusion of jQuery in a custom Drupal theme seems to cause a lot of confusion to people new to Drupal. There is, of course, a proper way of doing it and it's not that difficult once you know how.
- Seems like Sheffield city centre is getting two new cinemas, The Light on the Moor and a Curzon off the High Street. 11 March 2014
- What's new in Sass 3.3 (Maptastic Maple), turns out it's a lot: thesassway.com/news/sass-3-3-… (glad to see map data support in there, very useful) 10 March 2014
- The Grand Budapest Hotel was superb. Another great Wes Anderson film. 9 March 2014
- RT @SassCSS: Sass 3.3: 779 Commits. 51 Contributors. 25+ features. 100% awesome. 8 March 2014
- Having an upbeat afternoon listening to Depeche Mode :-) 1 March 2014