Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
I’ve released the first official version of my Address plugin for CakePHP 2.x today. It provides an Address helper for formatting an array of address fields.
A new version of arc_redirect for Textpattern is now available.
arc_redirect v1.2.0 now allows you to use absolute URLs for the redirects, setup temporary redirect rules and comes with a number of security fixes and general improvements.
Laravel 4.3 is out in November and Martin Bean has nicely summarised what’s new in the next release. 4.3 sees a reworking of the directory structure, name-spacing the default app and introduces “requests” among other things.
A new version of VideoEmbed for CakePHP 2.x is now available.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- :-( RT @BBCWorld: Earth has lost 97% of its tigers in a century, zoologists say #BBCGoFigure bbc.in/1vsI9li pic.twitter.com/Ohg7PJV7JE 30 September 2014
- RT @mynameischrisd: @sainsburys not sure this is supposed to be in your window... pic.twitter.com/Zk9GCliIWO 30 September 2014
- Just come out of a store in town playing Christmas music!!! The madness has begun. 26 September 2014
- RT @DanHarper7: WTF is wrong with IBM?! “JSONx is an IBM standard format to represent JSON as XML pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsd…” http://t.co/P2xy… 26 September 2014
- A Beginners Guide to Package Manager Bower and Using Gulp to Manage Components andy-carter.com/blog/a-beginne… #bower #gulpjs 24 September 2014