arc_twitter v4.2.1 is ready for download now, complete with new features and bug fixes.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
Earlier this week I came across a bug in some code that highlighted the frustration of doing comparisons with floating point numbers in PHP. Basically the code was failing when checking if one floating point number was equal to another (that was a tally of other floating numbers). Despite the two floating numbers seemingly being the same they were not equating.
For a few months now I’ve been working on updating this site and merging my blog site (formerly known as the Red Hot Chilli Project) into this one, my portfolio site. As a result of needing to change web hosts by the end of the month I’ve finally gotten round to giving this project the final push and get the changes live.
Interesting little look at how the popular CMS Drupal’s UI compares with arguably the more familiar UI of Gmail. Raises some interesting points for anyone working with or developing a CMS (i.e. not just Drupal).
Amidst the diversity of CSS measurement systems it can be difficult for web developers to understand which units to use where, and when, on their pages. The instinct is to use just one system for everything, but that decision can severely limit the execution of your designs.
A look at how to get the most out of your CSS measurements and when best to use them or not. Well worth a read if you still find yourself sticking with px and % units in your stylesheets.
How I deploy projects.
The inclusion of jQuery in a custom Drupal theme seems to cause a lot of confusion to people new to Drupal. There is, of course, a proper way of doing it and it's not that difficult once you know how.
- For anyone that missed it I relaunched my website last week built with @textpattern and @inuitcss - andy-carter.com 5 December 2013
- Just posted: New Version of arc_twitter Out Now andy-carter.com/blog/new-versi… #textpattern 5 December 2013
- Great news! "@NetflixUK: House of Cards returns with all new episodes, February 14, 2014. Only on Netflix. pic.twitter.com/DMJd7MFy3b" 4 December 2013
- Secret Santa sorted. :-) 4 December 2013
- Just posted: Don't Trust PHP Floating Point Numbers When Equating tinyurl.com/ora9ddk 1 December 2013