Constants are named values that do not change. You’ve probably used them many times to set a value that you want to persist throughout your codebase. In this short post I’m going to look at a couple of ways we can use them to improve our code. We’ll look at how they can be used to reduce bugs and make our code more readable.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
A look at automating NPM and Composer when checking out new branches and pulling from a remote Git repository using Git hooks.
A tutorial on getting started with PayPal’s REST API using PHP and MySQL I wrote recently for Evoluted’s Think Tank.
Visual Studio Code is hot stuff right now and is quickly becoming the editor of choice for developers worldwide. It’s available for Macs, Windows and Linux and best of all it’s free. These are what I consider the essential Visual Studio Code extensions for PHP developers to improve your productivity.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has died bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-… #PaulAllen #Microsoft 16 October 2018
- RT @cakephp: CakePHP 3.7.0-beta1 released! This is the first beta release for 3.7.0, and it contains several major features. Check it out!… 15 October 2018
- RT @adamculp: Around 62% of all Internet sites will run an unsupported PHP version in 10 weeks | ZDNet zdnet.com/article/around… 15 October 2018
- RT @rickogden: Boris Johnson trolled by his own sister! 😂 twitter.com/RachelSJohnson… 11 October 2018
- Sheffield has been named the third best city in the world to start a tech firm yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/sheffield… #sheffield #sheffieldissuper 4 October 2018