Fed up with searching for documentation of test payment cards for specific payment gateways the other day I decided to start compiling a cheatsheet of them. It can be frustrating trying to figure out what card numbers can be used for testing especially considering the many poorly documented payment gateways out there. So I created the Test Payment Cards cheatsheet repository.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
A couple of years ago I wrote about Exporting Data to a Downloadable CSV File with CakePHP which is still getting a lot of interest; however, at the time it was pointed out that a better way of handling CSVs in Cake was using a View Class.
Now that CakePHP 3 is out I thought it would be a good idea to write an updated piece on exporting data to a CSV using the excellent CsvView plugin.
If you’re using the link plugin for TinyMCE to add links to content and want to get rid of the
target attribute options then the trick is to set
target_list to false in the editor’s configuration.
I recently found myself needing to change the user-group for file permissions depending on the connection being deployed to via Rocketeer. Rather than completely override the permissions
callback defined in remote.php for the specific context I wanted to be able to define the user-group as a configuration option that could be overridden contextually. It turns out this is pretty simple to achieve.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- RT @tmcgry: I'm fundraising for @wpcancercharity on @JustGiving. Please #sponsorme & RT justgiving.com/Thomas-Gray3?u… 27 April 2016
- Webkit is putting an end to browser prefixes, about time webkit.org/blog/6131/upda… #webkit #webdev 27 April 2016
- RT @streetartsheff: Looks like @SheffCouncil want to put an end to the hugely popular @SharrowVale Market (please RT) https://t.co/hO1J40rb… 20 April 2016
- RT @ThePracticalDev: It's all fun and games until nobody has any idea what the hell is going on. pic.twitter.com/Jd0YpWoJVh 20 April 2016
- RT @kyleholtan: At some point an SEO asshole told sites not to date their posts and now the internet is useless 19 April 2016