How I solved issues with Laravel Mix’s image optimisation.
This is the website of Andy Carter a PHP and jQuery web developer in the Steel City. Working with CakePHP (and a bit of Textpattern and Drupal too).
A quick look at how to set multiple rulers in Sublime Text 3 to help keep code readable using differing line widths to indicate soft and hard line length limits.
Whilst working on a site I’ve been developing using a Laravel Homestead Vagrant box I discovered that the box’s clock had drifted out of sync with my laptop by about 10 minutes. Normally this wouldn’t be much of an issue for me, but in my case I was trying to authenticate via an API using OAuth and that time difference was causing the authentication to fail. The solution to my authentication issue was to reset Homestead’s clock to the correct time, but obviously over time this would likely go out of sync again.
Package managers like Composer for PHP and NPM for Node have become essential tools for simplifying a developer’s life. A package manager is a tool for keeping track of what you’ve installed, as well as installing and upgrading packages. They also check for dependencies and compatibility. Bower is a package manager for the web.
A beginners guide to the task runner Gulp. Taking a look at why you should use it and why it is possibly better than Grunt.
- RT @laravelnews: New Blade Directives Coming to Laravel 5.6 laravel-news.com/new-blade-dire… by @paulredmond pic.twitter.com/MRBJNzuy4I 13 December 2017
- RT @laravelnews: Creating Your Own PHP Helpers in a Laravel Project laravel-news.com/creating-helpe… by @paulredmond pic.twitter.com/tk0QhzZVV8 8 December 2017
- RT @streetartsheff: Hunting down street art in Nottingham and spotted this beauty. #StreetArt #graffiti #Nottingham pic.twitter.com/nySFw81xKD 21 November 2017
- A good @SheffieldPHP tonight. Nice to see Sheffield's PHP community coming together. Interesting talks by @blongden… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 November 2017
- RT @SammyK: 🌶️ New in PHP 7.3: Better heredoc/nowdoc support thanks to @tpunt94. No more weird indentation 👍 wiki.php.net/rfc/flexible_h… 16 November 2017